Moved Recently? Child just turned 18? New job with new benefits? All of these could be reasons why you’re searching for a dentist.
Well, you’re in luck. Delta Dental has the largest network of dentists in the United States. If you choose a PPO dentist, you’ll usually pay less for services, but still receive great care.
You can easily find a network dentist in your area by clicking here.
You can also search different dentist specialties, and identify which dentists participate in the PPO network and/or Premier network. Remember, you will pay less money out of pocket when you see a PPO dentist.
But first, here are some questions to ask when you call to make your appointment:
- What are the office hours? Make sure they’re convenient for your schedule.
- What is the dentist’s educational background and credentials?
- What should you expect during the first exam? Generally, you will have a conversation with the dentist about your health history, specific concerns, and medications you’re taking. You should receive an exam, a cleaning, and perhaps some x-rays.
- What’s the dentist’s approach to preventive dentistry?
- What type of anesthesia is the dentist certified to administer to help you relax and feel more comfortable during any necessary dental treatment?
- What arrangements are made for handling emergencies outside of office hours?
Most dentists make arrangements with a colleague or emergency referral service if they are unable to tend to emergencies.
Use your call as an opportunity to see how the office staff treats you. A friendly staff can help ease anxiety about a dental procedure and make your visit more enjoyable.
What are you waiting for? Find a dentist today!