Today is National Chocolates Day!
Surely a day to celebrate for all the positives that chocolate brings to our lives, right! Well, yes. While moderation of any indulgence is key to maintaining a healthy mouth, it is also important to remember that not all chocolate is the same and it all contains sugar, which leads to cavities. But… we’re in a celebrating mood. So, let’s talk about the benefits of chocolate.
- It melts, quickly and sits on the surface of teeth a shorter amount of time than sticky candy.
- It has been tied to decreasing stroke
- Chocolate boosts heart health
- It MAY fight diabetes
- Chocolate offers some protection from UV damage from the sun
- It can improve your vision because it helps blood flow
- It makes you smarter
Now, I don’t know about you, but that’s more than enough reason to break out a bar! But remember moderation is key and rinse your mouth with water after your done.