We can all use a few extra reasons to smile right now. Although smiling is often thought of as just an emotional reaction, there are scientific studies that actually prove smiling has positive effects on your body, health, and mind.
Researchers at the University of Kansas published findings that smiling helps reduce the body’s response to stress and lowers the heart rate in tense situations. We can all use a little bit of that right now, right?
If you still find it hard to smile these days, check out these top 5 reasons to smile every day:
1. Smiling relieves stress – There are times when the world seems like a pretty stressful place and stress takes a toll on our bodies and minds. Smiling not only prevents you from looking stressed and tired but it also instantly relaxes your mind and relieves the tension that stress brings you.
2. Smiling boosts your immune system – We know your oral health is important to your overall health and so is smiling! The act of smiling actually helps your immune system and helps it function more effectively
3. Smiling helps you stay positive – A smile is usually associated with a good thought or memory. Go ahead, try to smile without thinking of something positive.
4. Smiling makes you feel good – Studies show that smiling releases endorphins and endorphins make people happy.
5. Smiling attracts you to people – Who doesn’t like more friends? Smile and see who you meet. It could be a friend, a lover, or you might just make someone else’s day.
Sometimes just reading the word “smile” will bring a grin to your face. Let’s spread the smiles and the positive impact it brings to your life.