Giving back to our community is an important part of the Delta Dental of Idaho culture. When all businesses and schools were suddenly closed and Idahoans were encouraged to stay inside, our employees thought, how can we help? Because there is nothing that puts a smile on our faces more than when we can come together as a company and make a difference. As a trusted Idaho business for almost 50 years, Delta Dental of Idaho wants to give back.
For the past few years we have participated in the National Day of Giving, aka Giving Tuesday. Our in-office donation drive is always a hit as we historically give back to local organizations that help our Idaho veterans. In current 2020 fashion, however, this year we’re celebrating Giving Tuesday a little differently. Along with the earlier day to celebrate (May 5), we want to recognize that personnel from every department of Delta Dental of Idaho is giving back to our community during these uncertain times.
- Delta Dental of Idaho has donated thousands of dental care kits for children and adults to nonprofit organizations throughout the state.
- We have worked with school lunch programs, homeless outreach, and assisted living facilities to help bring smiles to those in need.
- We partnered with a local charity to pick up used and new computers to disperse to school kids in need.
- Delta Dental of Idaho even has a “Safe Smiles Sewing Circle”—employees putting together masks for the staff and their families.
- Even our furry friends have found ways to bring smiles to peoples’ faces.
Our team has been working hard to give back to our community, and we want to send a big “thank you” to our courageous and generous teams who, even when times get tough, are always willing to help.
Our leadership, too, continues to work diligently to offer up new ways to support the employees of Delta Dental of Idaho. They’ve provided all employees with gift cards to use at local businesses, offered paid volunteer hours, and more. Delta Dental of Idaho has supported both staff and state in these trying times.
On this Giving Tuesday we share a smile with our employees, business partners, and members. Make sure to stay safe, stay healthy, and most importantly, keep smiling!